Sunday, March 14, 2010

Indulgent Treat

So today, I had to indulge. This morning we woke up bright and early, with the time change, and went to run one of, if not, THE biggest foot race in downtown Portland. Lot's of friends joined us, some ran, some walked, and we all had a great time enjoying the sunny morning.

No, that wasn't the indulgence!

Indulgence came afterwards, with a big pan of cinnamon rolls! My husband is a HUGE fan of cinnamon rolls, but I rarely buy them, and have never made them. Today, with a little prep last night, I made 1 big pan, and 3 smaller ones, 2 of which are headed to his office tomorrow. They were from one of my favorite blogs: www.thepioneerwoman.com and they were great. I had to use real butter cream frosting on my husbands, he just loves the stuff. The kids are now bouncing off the walls from a sugar high.

For those of you who have never tried making cinnamon rolls, they are pretty simple. A basic dough - though lots more cream or milk - and plenty of butter, cinnamon and sugar. The kids were even able to get their hands in there with rolling the dough, which they just loved.

With a little prep work the night before, you can easily have a fresh pan of cinnamon rolls in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. How come you never mentioned starting a new blog???? I am going to like this!

    ReplyDelete