Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Contest

I am not one for competitions. I like to make stuff I love, and if other people enjoy it, all the better. But risking myself? Putting myself out there for criticism? ummmm not for me! So when a good friend forwarded me a contest, I didn't think I'd do it. I'd just take a look, and reassure myself that it wasn't my thing.

Well.... I might change my opinion on contests! This is a cupcake contest, which of course I like, and it uses chocolate. Now if you know me well, chocolate is not my thing. I am very thankful to have lots of friends whom I trust when it comes time to test out the chocolate flavor of cupcakes, because I can't be trusted. So the chocolate didn't grab me, but what did was the 'adventure ingredient'. I'm all about trying something different, and the delicious combinations that might surprise the average consumer.

So as of today, I think I might try it. I'll have to change some recipies a bit (they have to be entirely my own...) and I'll have to test out some odd combinations (I promise they will have understandable names with a clear explanation of the ingredients). But why not?

2 comments:

  1. I eargerly volunteer for any and all chocolate tasting!
    And I say Go For It!

    ReplyDelete