Saturday, December 18, 2010

day 18 - almond balls

This afternoon I made the final cookie for the cookie tray (I'll post pictures of the tray later), and another one from my childhood. Almond Balls.  You know those crumbly balls of butter, flour and nuts? rolled in powered sugar? They are sooo good, and so easy to make!  Truly they can be made with any nuts, today I made mine with walnuts because that is what I had on hand.  I personally like the flavor of almond extract, so I still add that even if I use a different nut.

As I said, super easy. You cream the butter, add the sugar (not much remember, it is rolled in sugar too), mix that, add flour nuts and extract.  Scoop into small balls, roll in additional powdered sugar (I like to get as much extra as possible) bake very low for 35 minutes.  Let them cool a bit before rolling in more sugar, or it will start to melt.  Then... try not to eat all of them!  Enjoy!

Almond Balls
1 c butter
2 c flour
1/4 c powdered sugar
1 c ground nuts
1 tsp almond extract

Cream butter. Add sugar and mix well. Add flour, nuts and extract. Mix until combined. Form into small balls. Roll in powered sugar. Bake at 300* for 35 minutes.  Cool slightly on rack, then roll in additional powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. This look wonderful! I have made something similar but I then drizzle melted choc on top :) Keep up the beautiful, yummy work!

    ReplyDelete