Monday, December 6, 2010

day 6 - eggnog muffins

Monday mornings are Bible Study mornings.  This is really a time for us girlfriends to get together and share what is on our hearts, both happy and sad.  We chat, we laugh, sometimes we cry, we drink some coffee and we visit.  After all that is done, we open our Bibles and get some real work done. 



Some mornings we have food, not always, but sometimes.  This morning I woke up early to make Eggnog Muffins.  They sounded delish to me, I love eggnog!  Unfortunately I don't have many pictures this time... I left my glasses on the bedside table... I was still able to read the recipe, but pictures were not going to happen.

I found this recipe in one of those Christmas Gifts from your Kitchen books... I just love those books by the way.  They looked easy and yummy, extra nutmeg in the batter, a whole cup of eggnog for the liquid, and a special nutmeg crumb topping.  I skipped the rum in the muffins, I was making them for my kids, and really, who needs rum in the morning!  Of course you are welcome to add it if you are so inclined. 

I haven't tried one yet, waiting to share them with my Bible Study gals in 30 minutes. AJ tried it (my picky 5 year old) and he wasn't the biggest fan, maybe it is because I never buy eggnog nor let them drink it... I don't want them to develop any bad habits too early in life.
Eggnog Muffins
Combine 2 1/4 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp baking powder & 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Make a well in the middle of flour mixture.  In a separate bowl combine 2 eggs, 1 cup eggnog, 1/2 cup butter - melted, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp rum extract (optional). Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until moistened, batter will still be lumpy.  Spoon into 12 muffin cups.  Sprinkle top with Nutmeg Streusel topping (1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar & 2 tbsp cold butter, cut in butter until mixture is coarse crumbs). Bake in 375* oven for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment